Behind the Mask


Behind the Mask

I hide myself from the world

I hide myself from pain

I hide myself from sorrow

I hide

I hide behind a mask

A mask to fool

A mask for a fake me

A happy me

People can’t see my pain

Nor my suffering

I hid behind a mask

Can I break free?

When will it crack?

I can’t wear this forever

This mask is so heavy

When can I say, I’m not ok?

When is it my time?

I hide behind a mask

To fool

To pretend

That I’m happy

When I’m not…

I wear the mask because I am in mourning

I weep

Behind the mask

I long for freedom

I pray for peace

For understanding

So I can too

Be free

From the mask of life

I was to write a happy song

But a crash changed everything

It formed the mask

I cannot break

Instead,

I dance a sad dance

Within my mask

The mask for torment

And despair

Break my mask

Crack my mask

I cry

For happiness

But only find sorrow

I try to help

I try to protect

But I fail

As long as I have this mask

I will fail

Trapped by the mask

Trapped by life

I will never be ok

With this mask

Help me

I’m dying

This mask is killing me

Slowly

Painfully

Death is around me

The king of masks

Is my master

I cannot break this mask

I am broken

I am weak

I am hiding

Behind the mask

Save me

From this mask

Who can save me

From this mask?

I can’t dry my tears

From behind this mask

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Story of My Exorcism (Yes, really)

Redemption